Prompted by “Damn Right Amazon Runs a Fucking Deficit and So Should America”: https://medium.com/@girlziplocked/why-amazon-isn-t-a-fucking-idiot-and-runs-a-deficit-f9d5734b68ec
I’m sick and tired of the economic mess ruining society. Whether it’s direct value manipulation for the sake of greed, or constant presses to validate monstrous judicial regulations of economic affairs (also for the sake of greed by governmental power leverage), I’m sick of it across the political spectrum.
On the leftist side of that mass tragedy, the lengthy prompting piece is a convoluted and insulting mess of an opinion that (like most traditional — so not really progressive — political leftist beliefs) fails at the basics.
While too many people uphold the virtue of sustaining a deficit (with no concrete plan to balance the budget), I simply point to the contrary “opinion” in the form of the definition of the word deficit (dictionary.com):
1. the amount by which a sum of money falls short of the required amount.
2. the amount by which expenditures or liabilities exceed income or assets.
3. a lack or shortage; deficiency.
4. a disadvantage, impairment, or handicap: The team’s major deficit is its poor pitching.
5. a loss, as in the operation of a business.
Regardless of your political affiliation, does running a deficit without concern over balancing the budget sound like a good thing to you?